Sunday, September 12, 2010

Distance Learning has increased my knowledge and will enable me to further my career,by becoming enlightened to the fact that there are a variety of learning techniques and each individual is different.

New innovative technology must be developed in order to make new connections.
Enhancing typical design and using YouTube, Blog, and the World Wide Web for
research and incorporating vibrant interesting presentations which invoke students to interact by asking questions and use connections.

Allowing individuals to expand their knowledge while learning new techniques and applying previous experiences aid in implementing new strategies, as Instructional tools employing motivation is an essential piece to gaining our audiences attention and how they adapt, learn and follow overall instruction.

My personal understanding has been deepened by realizing that use of videos, World Wide Web, Blogs, and other visuals to learn makes it easier to comprehend. Courses which offer a variety of learning techniques to get over the main idea or point makes it easier for me to relate personally. "The idea of making the experience of the distant learner satisfying and acceptable as the expereience of the local learner."

Being able to follow instruction in order to create the Blog and Mind Map etc., allowed me to advance my knowledge and become involved in the chase idea of learning. By developing with exciting learning games enable audiences to participate, interact and engage regardless of their age, gender, location or economic background.

References:

Simonson, M., Smaldino, S., Albright, M., & Zvacek, S. (2009). Teaching and learning at a distance: Foundations of distance education (4th ed.) Boston, MA: Pearson. ( p. 27)

1 comment:

  1. Hello Ms. Holloway,

    Are you Karen or Keren? I would agree, I have "spoken" with you in a discussion or two and you are an excellent communicator.

    I'd like to comment about your point about creating courses that offer a variety of different learning experiences to make learning exciting and accessible (to paraphrase) is the reason that IDT is so exciting for us as designers, but I haven't given much thought for using games to motivate older people... but when I think of my friends who enjoy playing computer bridge or solitaire, or Jeopardy, well, that's a whole new group to design for!

    Thanks for your inspiration.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete